Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gun Fu signing, Free Comic Day: May 6th

Rough, done on 8 1/2 x 11 copy paper (by yours truly)


Pencils, blown up and tightened on 11 x 17 bristol board (by you-know-who)

Inks, done with brush and crowquill pen, by Howard Shum

Colors, done digitally by Etienne Simon



On Saturday, May 6th, between 2-4:00 p.m., I'll be at Graham Crackers Comics in Chicago signing copies of Gun Fu: Showgirls Are Forever, doing free sketches for the kiddies, and just plain being my jovial self.

That same day just happens to be Free Comic Book Day!!!!!!!! So if you're in the neighborhood, swing on by, say hi, and get some freebies!

Graham Crackers Comics
2562 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL
(773) 665-2010

This also gives me an excuse to post another step-by-step (heh, heh, heh)

Seriously ...... who luv's ya' ....?

10 comments:

milo said...

Awesome work! Keep up the great posts!!!

Federico said...

Great work!
I always like to see step-by-step!

virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

Glad to see the steps. All the best for you and I hope you can save some freebies for me ;)!!!

Kevin Mcleod said...

Darryl How do you blow up your penciles? Do you use a scanner and Illuistrator or a good old fasioned xerox? Sorry not much of a speller.

Darryl Young said...

Thanks for the kind words everybody!!!!!

Virginia: E-mail me your address and I'll send you some freebies ;)
.....info@darrylyoung.net

Brian: Ha Ha, thanks ;) I try to post at least once a week, with a goal of twice. I'm going to be starting on some comic book projects soon, so hopefully some more roughs and comic booky action type characters will be popping up. I enjoyed what you did with your recent set of prints, posting from concept to final pieces. Felt like I was along for the whole ride. I may do something like that.
I wouldn't mind seeing you run things for day, maybe you could slide over some slush-fund government money my way and I could retire. That way, you'd see me posting more often ;)

Kevin: I like to just use a good old fashioned xerox, there's a Kinko's not far from my house open 24 hours a day. If I need to do only a page or two, then I'll just scan them into Photoshop, enlarge to 11x17, print out two sheets of 8 1/2 x 11, and tape together.

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Yo D thanks for stopping by man glad to have u stop by anytime well the panels look real dope hope your chillin like a villian c ya!!!

spacesick said...

Aw crickets! Free comics and an autograph?! Maybe I'll have to stop by Chicago this weekend.

Dang, everything on this page rules like Charlemagne. Not to take anything away from that Red Sonja, which I would buy a print of in a heartbeat.

And I love watching how you guys put these things together. You're the best, around!

virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

THese are full of cool action, fun and just AWESOME!

Unknown said...

you are far too kind! Thanks for such wonderful inspiration yet again!