Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Gun Fu: Showgirls Are Forever ...ON SALE NOW!







Gun Fu: Showgirls Are Forever, hit comic shops today! Written by Howard Shum and Dave Sim, Inks by Howard Shum, Colors by Etienne Simon, and pencils by lil' ol' me. If anybody in Blogland happens to pick up a copy please let me know what you think; loved it, hated it, lined the bird cage with it, etc....
Posted are designs for the "Showgirls", some unused goons, and a penciled/finished page. You can read a five page preview right over here ....... at Image Comics.

Thanks to everybody who's been stopping by, and especially to those who leave comments! Your words of encouragement are truly motivational, inspiring, and make me want to keep pluggin' away at the drawing board! I promise to be back again tomorrow (Thursday) with more senseless doodles and will start commenting on your comments in the comment box (if that makes any sense).

Take Care,
Darryl (a.k.a. diddle)

11 comments:

Magdalena said...

I'm so glad I ran across this...

Amazing, man, truly. Thanks for sharing them with us! If I see Gun Fu: Showgirls Are Forever, I'll be sure to pick it up.

PEPE said...

SSAAAFREAKINGWEET!! nicely done my good friend!!

Bob Renzas said...

I just picked up the LAST copy over at Brainstorm. Looks real, real good and I'm gonna read it on the train ride home.
Congrats, Darryl!

virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

I will like to pick up a copy :) but you are live so far anyway all the best for you
Uhmm Darryl Im sure yesterday I left a comment on this post ;).. I wrote
CONGRATS AND everything look SO great and me sincerely congrats :) I LOVE IT :)
The pages look really cool!!!

z0mbi said...

Totally awesome pencils. if leaving comments is what it takes to get more inspiring updates, I'll do it!

Mike Thompson said...

Congratulations, Darryl! I'll look for it and give it a try!

Darryl Young said...

Sincere thanks for the kind words everybody! I hope you all can find a copy, I've been having problems rounding 'em up at shops around Chicago. Let me know what you think, if you get one.

z0mbi: Thanks bud, sometimes I just need a lil' kick in the heinie (or a lot, ...it depends). ;)

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Hey D your so dope i love the panels bro I've been thinking of doing some comic stuff myself but not sure if I have what it takes as yet but seeing these makes me feel pumped who knows hope all has been well!!!

boob said...

Neat-o! Dig the nameless thugs and the show girls feel like somethin' Sammy Chu would draw up for work :)

Panel layout and page composition are part of the fun doing comic book work I think. I'm not sure if it was your doing, but I like the minor tweaks in the panels in the final color page.

Tight pencils too!

Darryl Young said...

Linton: You've got what it takes, you should give it a try some time. Make sure you post 'em if you do though!

boob: Thanks:) Originally, I had started doing the pages very traditionally, without bleeds, or panel overlaps. Howard (writer/inker) altered the first few pages (including this one) to show me what he was looking for. It took me a few pages to 'get it', but by page 24, I think I was starting to understand ;) I agree, those girls do look very Choobie-ish.

BrianMORANTE said...

I just happened to run across it today and I flipped through it. I just happened to run into your blog some how today as well. My buddy Joey did the original Gun Fu, but I thought you handled his designs well and added your own flare. good job.